Wellness at HHS
Vision: A healthy, engaged workforce that takes pride in their own health and well-being and act as positive role models for the people and communities we serve.
Mission: To promote a healthy workplace culture that will help employees achieve optimal well-being, enhance their quality of life and better serve patients.
- Increase awareness and education about healthy lifestyle choices.
- Build personal health skills to prevent health issues and reduce health risks (e.g. coping skills, improved resiliency, healthy behaviours).
- Develop health policies and practices to create a healthy workplace culture.
- Advance environmental changes that support healthy choices.
- Maximize participation and involvement in wellness activities and programs across the organization.
- Generate a workforce of positive role models for patients and the community.
- Encourage and motivate healthy behaviour change by providing opportunities and resources.
- Increase employee engagement, morale and job satisfaction.
General Information Only
The HHS Shine Employee Wellness Program website focuses on health promotion and disease and injury prevention, and is intended for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment of specific health-related conditions. If you have a health condition or concern, we recommend that you consult a qualified health care professional.
The HHS Shine Employee Wellness Program is committed to providing accurate, reliable, and accessible information on this website. While we try to provide information of the highest quality no warranty can be made. We will make an effort to correct errors brought to our attention.
The HHS Shine Employee Wellness Program features links to other websites. However, linked sites contain information created, published, maintained, and posted by organizations independent of the HHS Shine Employee Wellness Program. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information found on these sites and we assume no responsibility for linked content.
We welcome all visitors to our website. However, our services are offered to Hamilton Health Sciences employees, physicians, and volunteers. We cannot guarantee response to requests for information or resources outside our boundaries. If you are looking for health information and are not part of our population, we would encourage you to contact your local public health institution.
No endorsement of any third party products or services is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to or included on, or linked from or to this web site.