2017 Shine Quit & Win Contest
Want to Quit Smoking for Good? Good for You!
MAKE A QUIT ATTEMPT IN DECEMBER AND ENTER TO WIN!
This could be the single best thing you can do for yourself.
Please view, share, print and post the contest flyer.
Grand Prize: $250
(for real...no joke!)
|| WHO CAN JOIN?
HHS employees and physicians (all sites) who regularly use tobacco, want to quit, and attend one of the Staff STOP Sessions:
Tuesday, Nov 7th (JHCC)
Tuesday, Nov 14th (MUMC)
Thursday, Nov 16th (King West)
Tuesday, Nov 28th (HGH)
|| HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To enter the Quit & Win Contest you must register for and attend one of the HHS Staff STOP Sessions (JHCC, MUMC, King West or HGH).
Please fill out the form below to register!
|| WHAT IS THE STOP SESSION?
The Staff STOP Session is an education session where you can receive 5 weeks of FREE nicotine patches (approx. $250 value), set your quit date and sign up for the Quit & Win Contest. Support buddies are welcome!
QUIT & WIN CONTEST RULES:
In order to participate in the contest, you must:
- Be 18 years or older and have signed up for the contest.
- Be a current daily or occasional smoker.
- Be a Hamilton Health Sciences employee or physician.
- Register for the Contest by attending one of the Staff STOP Sessions.
- Quit smoking by December 1st, 2017. To win the grand prize, you must remain tobacco free for the entire month of December. If you quit smoking before November 1st, great job! Unfortunately you are not eligible to enter the challenge at this time.
- If you are randomly selected as the grand prize winner, your buddy (if applicable) will need to confirm your tobacco free status, and you will have to perform a carbon monoxide test. In addition, the odds of winning the grand prize will be based on the number of contest participants who remain tobacco free during the month of December.
Remember, tobacco free means no tobacco products including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, or chewing tobacco. Nicotine replacement therapy is a proven quit smoking aid, and is acceptable (and even provided for FREE!) to use during the contest. By registering for the Quit & Win Contest, you have agreed to the contest rules.
This Quit & Win Contest is brought to HHS in partnership with City of Hamilton Public Health. Your personal information is collected by Public Health (NOT Hamilton Health Sciences) and will be kept confidential.